Owner Sandra Henschel started her professional life with the U.S. Government, later worked for a large corporation, and eventually directed a non-profit organization while also working in the field of education. She has seen businesses and institutions weaken due to lack of efficiency and poor customer service, and in 2003 decided to do something about it.
Who We Are
Extra Effort is a distributor. We provide many cutting-edge products to improve your bottom line. From energy-efficient lighting to occupancy sensors to wireless emergency lighting monitoring systems to solar installations to synchronized clock systems to variable frequency drives, we distribute the products to solve your unique problems.
Extra Effort is a consultant. We perform field surveys of existing buildings, prepare specifications and payback analysis for our clients, perform path-of-egress and surge protection studies, and speak at trade association events.
Extra Effort is a general contractor, with both Oregon and Washington state credentials. We work with subcontractors to bring turnkey solutions to our clients throughout the Northwest.
- Superior Customer Service
- Goes the “Extra Mile”
- Locally Owned and Operated since 2003
- Woman-Owned Small Business
- Promoting “Made in USA” Products Whenever Possible
- Many Years of Experience
- Energy Trust of Oregon-Trade Ally
- Member of the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES)
- Member of the Northwest Trade Ally Network
- Member of the Oregon Society for Healthcare Engineering (OSHE)
- Member of the Idaho Society for Healthcare Engineering (ISHE)
- Member of the Washington State Society for Healthcare Engineering (WSSHE)
- Member of the Oregon School Facilities Management Association (OSFMA)
- Member of the Washington Assoc. of Maintenance & Operation Administrators (WAMOA)
- Member of the International Facility Management Association (IFMA)
- Active in the Community